Monday, March 30, 2009

Windy Day Reconnoiter - Gulls

Last week we had an extremely windy day in Malibu. I thought it was a perfect opportunity for a photo reconnoiter. I began up at Leo Carillo State Beach just south of County Line and moseyed my way down to the Point Dume Headlands, one of my favorite photographic spots in Malibu.


A flock of seagulls over Leo Carillo with windblown sand entering the tide pools. I have several in this series, I just love the random patterns nature creates, here the gulls circling in the sky.


This is my favorite shot of the gulls. The patterns here are created from the different motions of their flight, rather than the differing directions as in the first photo. Both create an amazing sense of motion.

1 comment:

  1. I love these. they capture everything I love about the ocean and beaches. The wild, almost chaotic sense of movement and freedom.

    ReplyDelete